Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Free Spirit Shawls
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Treat yourself to some of the prettiest knit shawl patterns ever. Inside Free Spirit Shawls by Lisa Shroyer, you will find 20 stunning designs that you will love wearing. There's no need to ever step foot inside a shopping mall again when you have these homemade shawls hanging in your closet.
The book is divided into six chapters; the first two include general information such as Size, Style, and Yarn, and Shawl Techniques. These first two chapters might not always be the most fun and exciting chapters to read, but without them, you may have a hard time completing the pretty patterns. It's important to take the time to read the helpful hints and techniques that are needed to perfect your lovely knit shawl. So much quality time and effort is put into each design, you want to always ensure you can make it the best it can be, which includes everything from selecting your yarn, to weaving in your ends, blocking, and more.
Once you get past the technical aspects that are needed to knit these designs, it's time to move onto the fun stuff: the patterns! The remaining five chapters divide the patterns into themes: Shawl Techniques, Color, Lace, Simplicity, and Texture. Color focuses on creating beautiful colorwork, Lace displays the number of possibilities that can be achieved by simple yarnovers, Simplicity shows how something as simple as variegated yarn and easy stitches can create stunning designs, and Texture shows the lovely combinations that are created with cables and knit-purl stitches.
Although all the patterns inside Free Spirit Shawls are stunning, a few of my personal favorites are "Brome" by Alexandra Beck (pg. 47), "Heath" by Amy Gunderson (pg. 73), and "Euclid" by Carol Feller (pg. 103).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- The Top 5 Knitting Blogs for Beginners
- Special Free Lacy Scarf Knit Pattern
- Quick & Super Easy Sleep Sock Pattern
- Azalea Top-Down Lace Sweater
- Diagonal Knit Square
- Simple Sage Handkerchief
- Connect the Dots
- Lacy Chevron Baby Blanket
- Seed Stitch Cable Headband
- Celestial Cuffs
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You