Thin Organic Cotton
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Pickles Thin Organic Cotton Yarn
Retail: $10 per skein
Reviewed By Caitlin Eaton, Editor for AllFreeKnitting
For a long time, I’ve been an admirer of the beautiful photography and knit projects on the Pickles’ site, so to finally receive yarn to review was a real treat! The verdict: It’s definitely worth the price tag. Just as they appear online, the yarn colors are deep and vibrant and the fiber itself is incredibly soft. Crafted with 100 percent organic cotton and naturally dyed with plant fibers, Pickles yarn is made by men and women from some of the poorest areas of Peru. To recap: through Pickles you can purchase silky, radiant yarn that’s made for comfort as much as its made for beauty - all while helping to fuel a suffering economy in Peru. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!
Another plus to purchasing yarn through Pickles is that they offer a large variety of free knitting patterns, all of which are made from their own yarn. This includes the Thin Organic Cotton yarn (which looks as delectable and light as cotton candy) which is featured in one of the newest Pickles patterns: the Light Summer Sweater. Perfect for a hot, breezy day by the beach, the Light Sweater is meant to become a summer favorite. Pair it with a tank and jeans and you’ve instantly got a classic outfit that can be dressed up or down, depending on your accessories!
But don’t feel that you’re limited to just lightweight sweaters when you purchase their Organic Cotton yarn. With a recommended needle size of U.S. 6, this yarn would also work well with knit t-shirt patterns, skirts, lacy scarves or any other article of clothing; it’s just so comfortable against the skin. With bright colors and great texture, this high quality yarn is worth a try. And once you do try it, I’m confident it’ll become one of the most-prized possession in your yarn stash.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Darn Good Yarn Herbal Dyed Yarn!
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Chance to Win a We Are Knitters Sandman Scarf Project Kit!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Enter to win the Boye Long Loom Set!
- Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
- Anzula Hand Dyed Dreamy Yarn
- Enter to win Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Anne Geddes Baby Yarn and Learn to Mini Loom Kit!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Yaseen's Scarf
- Knitter's Pride SmartStix Holiday Gift Set
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Rainbow Ruffle Cowl
- Nordic-Inspired Knit Sweater
- Lovely Lattices Infinity Scarf
- Strawberry Seed Baby Sweater
- Strawberry Seed Baby Booties
- Easy Christmas Trees
- What to Knit With Linen Yarn
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You