- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Thin Organic Cotton
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
Pickles Thin Organic Cotton Yarn
Retail: $10 per skein
Reviewed By Caitlin Eaton, Editor for AllFreeKnitting
For a long time, I’ve been an admirer of the beautiful photography and knit projects on the Pickles’ site, so to finally receive yarn to review was a real treat! The verdict: It’s definitely worth the price tag. Just as they appear online, the yarn colors are deep and vibrant and the fiber itself is incredibly soft. Crafted with 100 percent organic cotton and naturally dyed with plant fibers, Pickles yarn is made by men and women from some of the poorest areas of Peru. To recap: through Pickles you can purchase silky, radiant yarn that’s made for comfort as much as its made for beauty - all while helping to fuel a suffering economy in Peru. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!
Another plus to purchasing yarn through Pickles is that they offer a large variety of free knitting patterns, all of which are made from their own yarn. This includes the Thin Organic Cotton yarn (which looks as delectable and light as cotton candy) which is featured in one of the newest Pickles patterns: the Light Summer Sweater. Perfect for a hot, breezy day by the beach, the Light Sweater is meant to become a summer favorite. Pair it with a tank and jeans and you’ve instantly got a classic outfit that can be dressed up or down, depending on your accessories!
But don’t feel that you’re limited to just lightweight sweaters when you purchase their Organic Cotton yarn. With a recommended needle size of U.S. 6, this yarn would also work well with knit t-shirt patterns, skirts, lacy scarves or any other article of clothing; it’s just so comfortable against the skin. With bright colors and great texture, this high quality yarn is worth a try. And once you do try it, I’m confident it’ll become one of the most-prized possession in your yarn stash.
Read NextPurl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Aspen Mountain Knit Tote
The Aspen Mountain Knit Tote is a striking bag knitting pattern made with the double seed stitch. The end result is lovely and quite… Continue reading: "Aspen Mountain Knit Tote"
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Eclair Yarn
- Enter to win The Baby Wool Yarn!
- 10 Super Fine Yarns to Knit With
- Chance to win Brown Sheep Synchrony Yarn!
- Chance to win the Knit & Stitch Creative Collection!
- Chance to win Nomad Sock Yarn!
- Artesano Superfine Alpaca Yarn
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Enter to win Caron Simply Soft Yarn to make the Mood Scarf!
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Easy Keyhole Scarf
- Coastline Headband
- Round Dickey Pattern
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You