We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Provided by Create2Thrive
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
We live in an increasingly technological world, so it’s no surprise that the knitting world would get the hint and make the jump to digital. There are numerous advantages to keeping your patterns in digital form, and the knitCompanion app can help you take advantage of the wonders of technology. Everything you need to become a tech savvy knitter is encapsulated in this handy app, which happens to be free!
The homepage (left) of the app features five basic buttons: Designs, Projects, PDFs, Live Events, and a main video tutorial. Each page is fairly self-explanatory, but each category has both a help and video tutorial icon. After watching a couple of these simple videos, you’ll have the hang of this app. The biggest thing knitCompanion helps with is patterns; you can store your PDFs in this app and keep track of your projects. Things get really cool with this app when you cast on a project, especially if you’re working on a charted project. knitCompanion allows you to track your charted progress by highlighting the row of the chart you’re on (example below right). There are four different counters built into the app, so you can count just about anything you could dream of, down to different stitch repeats, and the app will allow you to place a maker on the chart to denote where you are. There is even a key for each pattern, so you’ll never need to flip between the pages of a pattern again.
You can also access live events through the knitCompanion app, making it a great way to learn more about different aspects of the knitting world. There are so many wonderful features of the knitCompanion app that I couldn’t possibly talk about them all in one place, so go check it out for yourself! The app is free, just go to your app store and download knitCompanion to take your knitting to the next level.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Sparkle DK Yarn!
- Win Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn!
- Enter to win The Baby Wool Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Win 3 Skeins of Lanaloft Yarn!
- Chance to win Nomad Sock Yarn!
- Lion Brand Babysoft Yarn
- 10 Super Fine Yarns to Knit With
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Decades Yarn
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 8 Knit Glove Patterns
- Knit Gloves Pattern on Straight Needles
- Field Dishcloth
- Ruffled Shawlette
- Giles Table Runner
- Chunky Knit Rug
- Tasseled Women's Cardigan Pattern
- Contrasting Stripey Mitered Square
- Knit Drink Napkins
- Expression Fiber Arts Sparkle DK Yarn
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You