US 50 Knitting Needles Review
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
US 50 Knitting Needles Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
Being mostly a crocheter I find it quite intriguing to learn more about the knitting world. When I see all the different circular needles and attachments it boggles my mind that such beautiful pieces can be made from these tiny plastic contraptions. What makes me smile and sometimes laugh out loud, are the giant knitting needles like the size US 50 needles from Simplicity.
The Boye Knitting Needles sized at 14 inches and 35.5 cm is certainly some kind of amazing. Having to hold such a large needle in your entire hand might take some practice to get used to, but in the end you'll end up loving it. These plastic knitting needles truly are the set of tools you need in your collection.
The style of these needles feature unique perfection points and are designed not to split yarn. You can easily create more intricate stitches and projects like broomstick lace. You can also use them with bulky yarn for a fabulous winter blanket.
What you'll really enjoy about these large needles is how lightweight they are. You would think with the size they'd be a bit heavy, but because of the material they are easy to work with. Something to keep in mind though, is that it may be easier for you to work with bulky yarn, otherwise the stitches can become too loose and the strands can catch and warp your project. Everything from knit scarves, to hats and again, blankets; you'll love wrapping up in something cozy made with chunky yarn and size US 50 Knitting Needles from Boye.
BONUS! If you want to make a larger-than-life knitting pattern, be sure to check out Extreme Knitting: Everything You Need to Know About Giant Knitting Patterns.
Have you ever used such large needles? What did you make? Comment below!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Sparkle DK Yarn!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Darn Good Yarn Herbal Dyed Yarn!
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Chance to win Caron One Pound Yarn!
- Chance to win Paintbox Yarns Baby DK Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Lion Brand Yarn: Homespun in Coral Reef
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Chance to Win a We Are Knitters Classic Knit Sweater Kit!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Buffalo Plaid Winter Hat
- Ombre Double Brim Beanie
- Beginner Fall Shawl
- Simple Fair Isle Hat Pattern (Baby)
- How to Cable Without a Cable Needle
- Sunflower Swirls Shawl
- Diagonal Sand Stitch Pillow
- Fuzzy Earwarmers
- Cute Bow Garter Stitch Headband
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You