Wonderland Yarns - Cheshire Cat
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Wonderland Yarn - Cheshire Cat
Provided by Frabjous Fibers
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
Hand dyed yarn is a magical thing for a knitter; the color variations achieved by independent dyers are often far more interesting and inspirational than those created by the big yarn companies. Frabjous Fibers creates the type of yarns that knitters dream about. Beautiful fiber is dyed to perfection; just looking at these yarns will make you want to cast on a new project right away.
We were lucky enough to get our hands on a family of yarns based off of the whimsical adventures of Alice in Wonderland. We got a packet of “Cheshire Cat,” a combination of five different skeins of yarn aimed at capturing the essence of the disappearing, cryptic cat in Wonderland. The yarn is a lovely superwash Merino yarn in fingering weight, so it would be perfect for a color work project. Light brown, red, purple, green, and blue don’t begin to do these colors justice.
I can see the inspiration supplied by the Cheshire cat by looking at the colors. I always think of the original wood print of the cat grinning in a tree above Alice, and you could easily use these yarns to color in that picture. Working with this variety of colors would certainly be a blast; I can just imagine fitting them together to make a wonderful knitted project.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You