Sweet Roll Yarn Review
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Sweet Roll Yarn Review
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
When you have a craving for something delicious because you just can't beat that sweet tooth you gotta go for it. Instead of filling your body with unnecessary sugars, fill your heart and hands with an amazing new yarn from Premier: Sweet Roll.
Sweet Roll is a yarn designed to make color easy; the yarn is dyed to make wide stripes for a fabulous look. There are three colors in each skein and each skein contains two complete repeats of the stripe sequence, so the transition from one skein to the next is easy and painless. Each color is the same length so when you work up a project you'll get evenly spaced stripes.
Each skein is 245 yards and 5 ounces of medium worsted weight yarn. When crocheting, Sweet Roll works well between 15 and 18 single crochets in four inches. When knitting with it, you'll get anywhere between four and five stitches to the inch. This yarn is 100% acrylic so you can machine wash in cold water and tumble dry without worrying about your project getting destroyed.
What you'll really like about this yarn (aside from its sweet look) is that you can pull the end from the center of the skein for an easy beginning to your project. With just one skein of Sweet Roll you can crochet a hat, make a crochet scarf or work up some knit socks, but using more than one skein will open up your options.
Let's not forget the best part! There are 25 deliciously sweet colors to choose from. There are brights and pastels, along with neutrals to fit everyone's palette. Some favorites to try are Blackberry Swirl, Wild Cherry Swirl, Cheesecake Pop, Cappuccino Pop, Rootbeer Pop and Peanut Butter Swirl. With cute names like these you're sure to find the right "flavor".
If you don't try Sweet Roll the next time you step foot in the store then you're definitely going to miss out. Satisfy your sweet tooth the healthy way!
What yummy treat satisfies your sweet tooth? Share with us in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Knitting a hat doesn't need to take up your whole weekend. This Pink Quick-Knit Beanie can be completed in just hours to give you a… Continue reading: "Pink Quick-Knit Beanievideocam"
- Enter to win Superfine Fingering Yarn!
- Naturally Caron Spa Yarn in Dark Driftwood
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Enter to win The Baby Wool Yarn!
- Win Two Skeins of Bernat Sox Yarn!
- Chance to win Willow & Lark Woodland Yarn!
- Win Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn!
- Enter to win Red Heart With Love Yarn!
- Chance to win Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Polar Bear Sweater
- What is Musk Ox Yarn? + 20 Qiviut Yarn Patterns
- Crown Jewel English Rib Hat
- Wriggly Cowl
- Garter Stitch Bias Top
- Yet Another Heart-shaped Potholder
- Wrap Me In Sunshine Shawl
- Coziest Cable Cardigan
- Broken Rib Hat
- What is Viscose Yarn? + 24 Knitting Patterns
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You