Caron One Pound Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Caron One Pound Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
When knitting or crocheting with some of the finest yarns you never want to go back to the stuff you started out with. However, working with those specialty yarns might prevent you from trying other yarns that are fabulous to work with. Caron One Pound Yarn is definitely a yarn you must try for your next project.
Caron One Pound is a worsted weight yarn made with 100% acrylic fibers that can be both knitted and crocheted with a 5.0mm hook and needle. What you'll absolutely love about this yarn is its sheer skein size. Simply said, it comes in a 16 ounce skein that is machine washable and dryable. Nothing beats the value of Caron One Pound.
A yarn this large is perfect for one skein patterns like hats and gloves, shawls and cowls, and even amigurumi patterns. Who wouldn't love to get a little amigurumi friend for a Christmas gift; this yarn is perfectly soft which will make any amigurumi huggable and loveable. Looking to make a knit blanket or crochet afghan? Caron One Pound allows you to use only one to two skeins for a beautiful blanket that can be used for many years to come. Just one skein can make four scarves. Four!
When you're working up a pattern this yarn has a bit of stiffness to it, so it'll give your project nice body and texture. If you want it to be a bit softer, just throw it in the wash with some fabric softener and you'll be amazed at how soft it'll come out. Because it comes in such a large skein you'll find it calming knowing you don't have to tie on another skein in the middle of a project.
Yarnspirations never disappoints, so of course this yarn comes in an amazing variety of colors like country rose, lavender blue, grass green, pumpkin, soft sage, sunflower, espresso, scarlet and many others. Mix and match for a variegated design or use one solid color for the more classic look. Caron One Pound does not have a dye lot, so you can go back and get the same color any time you want, without the worry of the same shade being gone.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This Crazy Eights Circular Dishcloth is a super unique dishcloth knitting pattern. Using short rows knitting to create individual… Continue reading: "Crazy Eights Circular Dishclothvideocam"
- Chance to Win a We Are Knitters Classic Knit Sweater Kit!
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Win a Martina Cardigan Knitting Kit!
- Enter to Win an Amazing Knitting Loom Set!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Paintbox Yarn Cotton DK Yarn!
- Chance to win Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarn!
- Enter to win Red Heart With Love Yarn!
- Chance to win the Knit & Stitch Creative Collection!
- Enter for a chance to win ChiaoGoo Red Lace Circular Needles!
- Chance to win Red Heart Boutique Irresistible Yarn!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- We Are Knitters Classic Knit Sweater Kit
- How to knit Twisted Moss Stitch
- Fall Houses Lace Shawl
- Scandinavian Infinity Scarf
- Hooded Vest Pattern for Women
- Ribbed Shawlette
- Riona's Diamonds
- Easy Knit Pumpkin
- Large Pumpkin Knitting Pattern
- Doll Scarf from Loop Yarn
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You