Brown Sheep Lana Boucle Yarn
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Brown Sheep Lana Boucle Yarn
Reviewed by Arielle Matlin, Editor, AllFreeKnitting.com
Do you ever imagine yourself lying in a huge pile of yarn? I feel like that's every crocheters fantasy. Some days when I'm at the office I feel so happy to be surrounded by so much yarn piled on my desk. The latest yarn that's landed in my lap is Brown Sheep's Lana Boucle Yarn.
There's just something about this yarn that I can't put my finger on; when I hold the skein and squeeze it, it makes me feel happy. I don't know if it reminds me of a bulky sweater or a cozy pair of comfy pants, but I just love it. Lana Boucle is made of 100% wool, but you would never know it by touch. Most wool I've encountered is scratchy, but this yarn is quite soft. It's a worsted weight yarn with 180 yards per hank.
Because I haven't had a chance to work with this type of yarn yet, I'm intrigued by all the variety of colors. With over 30 colors to choose from, my favorites so far are Restless Sea, Tropical Lagoon, Luscious Lilac, and Spring Spritz. You can easily mix and match each of the colors to come up with a fabulous crochet pattern. This yarn line even offers variegated colors, which are beautiful on their own. The colors are inspired by the earth, sea and sky and uniquely blended into luxurious wool.
Wondering what to make with Lana Boucle? Get creative and come up with something on your own. A crochet blanket or afghan would be brilliant, but a crocheted or knit sweater would be completely warm and cozy. Although it's a worsted weight yarn I can imagine a pair of socks being made and worn during the cooler months.
Lana Boucle is definitely the next yarn to try if you haven't already. As I mentioned before, there's just something about it that will immediately grab your attention and make you want to work something up.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Martha Stewart Crafts Knit & Weave Loom Kit
- Win Lion Brand Sock-Ease Yarn!
- Win Red Heart Scrubby Yarn!
- Win James C. Brett Marble Chunky Yarn!
- Win a Martina Cardigan Knitting Kit!
- Chance to win Red Heart Hygge Charm Yarn!
- Boye Yardage Counter
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Red Heart Hygge Yarn!
- Win Purl Soho Mulberry Merino Yarn!
- Enter to win the Boye Long Loom Set!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- The Top 5 Knitting Blogs for Beginners
- Special Free Lacy Scarf Knit Pattern
- Quick & Super Easy Sleep Sock Pattern
- Azalea Top-Down Lace Sweater
- Diagonal Knit Square
- Simple Sage Handkerchief
- Connect the Dots
- Lacy Chevron Baby Blanket
- Seed Stitch Cable Headband
- Celestial Cuffs
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You