Winter Knits: 60 Knitting Patterns for Winter
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
When we start thinking of winter knits, our minds automatically jump to Christmas. We start thinking of green and red yuletide knits. We bust out the circular needles for stockings and Santa hats. But what about the other cold winter months? We have a stockpile of knits for December, but what do we wear in January, February, and March? We need a different set of knits for the days when our holidays have passed but the cold remains.
Don't worry- our collection of Winter Knits: 60 Knitting Patterns for Winter will keep you warm all winter long. These evergreen winter patterns will look great no matter what month it is. Whether you need a sweater for January snowstorms, a hat for February flurries, or some mittens for March sleet, we've got winter knits to keep you cozy until springtime.
Winter Knits: 60 Knitting Patterns for Winter
Table of Contents
If you're looking for a one-stop winter knit, then these hat knitting patterns are for you. Keep warm and grab a knit hat before you run out the door. The cables and fair isle knitting motifs will always look classic and stylish. If you want to mix up your knitting patterns for winter, try the knit winter headbands and wraps.
- Cupid's Bow Beanie
- Ombre Raining Color Hat
- Classic Winter Ear Warmer
- Moorish Lattice Hat
- Basket Tweed Hat
- Rib and Cable Hat
- Slipped Cable Hat
- Winter Morning Braided Head Wrap
- Favorite Winter Hat
Keep your fingers warm with one of these adorable knitted mitten patterns. With such cute designs and motifs, you'll never forget these mitts when you run out of the house. These knitting patterns for winter will keep your hands out of your pockets and will have them out catching snowflakes!
- April Showers Mittens
- May Flowers Mittens
- Sunset Stripes Mittens
- Winter Sky Mittens
- Hello Sailor Handwarmers
- Fox in the Snow Mittens
- Personalized Mittens
- Flying Pigs Mittens
- Fair Isle Gloves
- Warm Winter Mitts
Do you want even more mittens? Check out our collection of 16 Free Knit Mitten Patterns today!
As knitters, scarves are one of our classic knitting patterns for winter. From our first knitted projects to our staple knitted gifts, scarves will always hold a warm spot in our hearts. Keep your neck warm against the winter chills with one of these winter knits.
- Cranberry Button Scarf
- Beginner's Fair Isle Scarf
- Uptown Girl Scarf
- Warm Winter Scarf
- Easy Winter Infinity Scarf
- Winter Flamenco Scarf
- Homespun Circle Scarf
- Checkmate Scarf
- Chunky Charcoal Scarf
- Ribbed Lace Scarf
- Grandma's Candy Jar Scarf
Cowls are a great way to stay fashionable and fabulous, even during a harsh winter. These knitting patterns for winter are a little less bulky than scarves, but they have all of the style. These gorgeous winter knits will keep you cozy until it's time for light springtime cowls.
- Striped Anemone Cowl
- Seed Stitch Aztec Cowl
- Lacy Arrowhead Cowl
- Midwinter's Night Cowl
- Three Turn Cowl
- Pretty in Polka Dots Cowl
- Cutie Pie Cowl
- Audrey Hepburn Cowl
We are so busy warming up with our hats, mittens, scarves, and cowls that we often forget about our legs! Keep your feet warm in your boots with these stylish knitting patterns for winter. Grab a pair of knitted leg warmers and your leather boots to look trendy while traversing the snow.
- Honeycomb Legwarmers
- Chunky Monkey Leg Warmers
- Riverbend Leg Warmers
- Twinkle Toes Legwarmers
- Luxy Leg Warmers
- Easy Peasy Ballerina Leg Warmers
Some sweaters never go out of style. You'll reach for these timeless pieces again and again. When it comes to knitting patterns for winter, you need something warm, comfortable, and stylish. These sweaters will become your old standbys.
- Festive Snowflake Sweater
- Soft Snowflake Sweater
- Fashionable Fair Isle Sweater
- Modern Icelandic Sweater
- Falling Snowflakes Sweater
- Traditional Fair Isle Yoke Pullover
- Cozy Fair Isle Sweater
- Sapphire Knit Pullover
- Timeless Cabled Sweater
- Winter Woods Tunic
For these knit sweater patterns and more, check out our page, How to Knit a Sweater or Top for Any Season: 305 Free Knitting Patterns!
It can be hard to get your kids bundled up for the cold. They can never stand still for all of that layering! We promise that they won't mind wearing these simple, cozy pieces. These new sweaters, cowls, and leggings will become their new favorites! If they love these knitting patterns for winter, then you won't be afraid to let them pick out their own cold weather outfit for the day.
- Child's Yuletide Sweater
- Kids' Star Cowl
- Holiday Toddler Vest
- Sweet Treat Leggings
- Child's Snowflake Cardigan
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- Knitting for Beginners Guide
- 52 Free Bulky Yarn Knitting Patterns
- Top 100 Knitting Patterns of 2015
- 26 Straight Needle Knitting Patterns You Need
- 18 Unique Knits to Try When You're Bored
- 17 Fair Isle Knitting Patterns
- 16 One Skein Knitting Patterns
- 24 Straight Needle Knitting Patterns
- "15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season" eBook
- 50+ Super Bulky Knitting Patterns (Free)
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Roositud Knitting 101
- We Are Knitters Classic Knit Sweater Kit
- How to knit Twisted Moss Stitch
- Fall Houses Lace Shawl
- Scandinavian Infinity Scarf
- Hooded Vest Pattern for Women
- Ribbed Shawlette
- Riona's Diamonds
- Easy Knit Pumpkin
- Large Pumpkin Knitting Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You