This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"I am having trouble too. Did you get an answer?"
"I am having the same problem. Did you get an answer?"
"The notated gauge on this page is wrong, the correct gauge is stated in the pattern as 22 sts = 4' with dk yarn."
Learner's Curve Dishcloth
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
"This project is a modern take on those dishcloths your granny used to knit. There is a diagonal pattern created by slipped stitches and it is finished off with a pop of color with an i-cord edging. The stitches you need to know are k, p, k2tog, slip stitch. You can use your favorite cotton yarn that you have on hand to practice and learn some new stitches with this easy four row repeating knit pattern."
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Read NextEasy Knitting Sweet Somethings
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Oct 24, 2017
This is a great dishcloth pattern. It is also a good way to learn a new stitch pattern and also how to do an I-cord. I-cords make a nice edging and it adds a different touch to this pattern. I make my own dishcloths and have not seen this pattern before. Thank you.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bunny and Bear Knit Toy
Who says you always have to knit baby booties and baby blankets for baby showers? Have a little fun with your next "expecting-mother"… Continue reading: "Bunny and Bear Knit Toy"
- Easy Knitting Sweet Somethings
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- One Piece Knitted Dishcloth And Coasters – Free Knitting Pattern For Beginners
- Cables & Lace Dishcloth
- Charming Rustic Cushion Cover
- How to Knit Scrubbies
- Garter Stitch Plant Cozy Knitting Pattern
- Red Sock Monkey Stripe Hot Water Bottle Cover Sweater
- Adorable Easy Knitted Butterflies
- Quick Round Scrubby
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- Double Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Dishcloth
- Trento Fingerless Gloves
- Two Needles Classic Beret
- All Too Well Scarf Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You