How to Knit Scrubbies
Knitting scrubbies has never been easier! If you're a fan of using these handy dish washing scrubbers, making them yourself is a must.
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Learn how to knit scrubbies with this super easy knitting video tutorial! If you've never tried knitting a scrubby before, it's so much fun, and it's practical, too. They're basically washcloths that are knit with scrubby yarn and cotton yarn held together as one strand.
This knit scrubby pattern is very beginner-friendly, so anyone can give it a try! This pattern is also great if you're just getting used to knitting with two different types of yarn. By using both a cotton and scrubby yarn, you get the benefits of both -- the softness and density of the cotton and the grit and scrubbing power of the scrubby yarn.
This knit washcloth pattern is ideal if you want to exfoliate in the shower or use it as a rag that has a little bit of grit to it.
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Knitting needles
- Scrubby yarn
- Cotton yarn
Hold both strands of yarn together for the entire pattern.
CO 15-20 sts (depending on the desired size of your scrubby)
Row 1: K across, knitting through both strands of yarn as one stitch
Row 2: K across, knitting through both strands of yarn as one stitch
Continue in garter stitch until your pattern is an even square.
Bind off and weave in your ends.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This Black Lace Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern is such a unique knitted fingerless gloves pattern. The black color is muted and… Continue reading: "Black Lace Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Roositud Knitting 101
- We Are Knitters Classic Knit Sweater Kit
- How to knit Twisted Moss Stitch
- Fall Houses Lace Shawl
- Scandinavian Infinity Scarf
- Hooded Vest Pattern for Women
- Ribbed Shawlette
- Riona's Diamonds
- Easy Knit Pumpkin
- Large Pumpkin Knitting Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You