This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Knitting Swatch Boards
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Knitting and Crochet By-Products: Swatch Boards and How to Make Them Swatching is key to good knitting results. The more projects you do, the more swatches you prepare. If you are experimenting with many stitch patterns multitudes of swatches will result. When the swatch container begins to overflow, it may be time to create a swatch board. These are fun to do. The process provides a lot of reflection time; project memories return as swatches are recognized. Completed boards make for great inspiration. To boot, they make for great artwork worthy of prominent display. "
NotesSupplies: For each swatch board you will need 2 sheets of white 20 x 30 x 3/8” foam core board, lots of straight pins, thimble, and your bin of swatches.
Optional: background fabric material and duct tape for sealing it onto the boards. The project lends itself to great creativity to create your knitting memories.
Knitting Needle Size1 or 2.25 mm, 2 or 2.75 mm, 3 or 3.25 mm, 4 or 3.5 mm, 5 or 3.75 mm, 6 or 4 mm, 7 or 4.5 mm, 8 or 5 mm, 9 or 5.5 mm, 10 or 6 mm, 10.5 or 6.5 mm, 11 or 8 mm, 13 or 9 mm, 15 or 10 mm, 17 or 12.75 mm, 35 or 19 mm, 19 or 15 mm, 50 or 25 mm, Circular Knitting Needles, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Read NextChair Socks
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Knit Baby Cardigan
- Stars On The Beach Shawlette
- Weaved Messy Bun Hat
- Dahlia Beanie
- Mermaid Bulky Knit Beanie
- Little Lamb Lovey Pattern
- Bluecuff Knitted Slippers
- Mosaic Tiles Hat
- Cancun Top - My Version
- Christmas Santa Ear Flaps Hat Toque
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You