Diagonal Sand Stitch Pillow
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"This gently textured stitch knit on the bias using a variation of the classic “grandmother’s favorite dishcloth” pattern creates a simple yet elegant pillow that can be customized for a perfect fit. This pattern is part of the Finishing Touches Knit Along with KAL Corner. Skills Used Basic knitting skills: cast on, knit, purl, slip stitch, bind off Knitting flat in rows with seaming Changing colors Increases and decreases: k2tog, p2tog, yo with linked video tutorials Skill Level Easy Finished Size Fits a 14” (35.5 cm) square pillow form. Materials Lion Brand Crayola Cake yarn (100% acrylic, 3 oz/85 g, 177 yd/162 m) – 1 skein in 600 Tickle Me Pink (CA), or approximately 177 yd (162 m) in any medium weight yarn. Lion Brand Jeans yarn (100% acrylic, 3.5 oz/100 g, 246 yd/225 m) – 1 skein each in 105 Faded (CB) and 109 Stonewash (CC), or approximately 120 yd (110 m) in each of 2 colors in any medium weight yarn. US 8/5 mm knitting needles, or any size needed to obtain correct gauge. Fairfield World Crafter’s Choice 14” x 14” Pillow. Yarn needle. Gauge Exact gauge is not critical for this project. Stitches should be snug so pillow form doesn’t show through."
Knitting Needle Size8 or 5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How Many Stitches to Cast On for an Infinity Scarf
- Carrot Cake Beanie
- All Fingers And Thumbs
- Easter Bunny Potholder
- Easter Bunny
- Bernat Super Value Yarn
- Simple Braids Hat
- Quick Round Scrubby
- Kenai Skyline Shawl
- Tiny Topaz Premature Baby Cardigan
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You