Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
The Sock Knitter's Handbook
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
The Sock Knitter's Handbook: Expert Advie, Tips, & Tricks
By Charlene Schurch and Beth Parrott
Provided by Martingale & Company
Reviewed by Audrey Huggett
This is probably the only book you’ll need to completely master socks. In The Sock Knitter’s Handbook: Expert Advice, Trips, & Tricks, Charlene Schruch and Beth Parrott painstakingly examine every part of sock construction, from the cuff to toe. They start with the architecture of the sock, move on to gauge, and then discuss each element of the sock in-depth. I was incredibly impressed by the depth of The Sock Knitter’s Handbook when I was looking through it. Schruch and Parrott examine every possible different technique for each part of the sock. Color pictures set side by side further illustrate the differences between a French Heel and a Dutch Heel, for example.
It’s clear that extensive knitting was done to create this book as well, since the sample socks have been helpfully knit in different colors to illustrate the differences between different techniques. It’s the example socks that really set this book apart, for me. The test socks clearly exhibit the differences between different techniques and show an attention to detail that speaks highly to the value of the book as a whole.
The Sock Knitter’s Handbook will be an invaluable resource for any knitter hoping to focus on socks. Knitters of all skill levels will find this book to be helpful; designers will find plenty of inspiration in the variety of techniques, while learning knitters will find detailed explanations of any technique they could hope to find. If you have an interest in learning more about the noble sock, The Sock Knitter’s Handbook is a great resource to have on hand.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Car Seat Blankets
- Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Hat Book Review
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- 60 Quick Luxury Knits: Easy, Elegant Projects for Every Day in the Venezia Collection from Cascade Yarns
- Enter to win a copy of Confessions of a Knitting Heretic!
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Knit Hats for Babies
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Win the Fantastic Finger Knitting Giveaway!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Blanket Cardigan Knitting Pattern
- Dasha Baby Blanket
- Bert Baby Blanket
- Lake Isle Wrap
- 24 Bamboo Yarn Patterns to Knit
- Lace Head Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Candy Bud Scarf
- Slouchy Knit Tote Bag
- Polyantha Rose Garden Shawl
- Ocean Meets Sky Sweater
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You