Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
A Knitter's Home Companion
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Knitting at Home: 60 Classics from Ella Rae Designs
by Michelle Edwards
Photographs by Jen Gotch
Publisher: Abrams Books
Reviewed By Caitlin Kavanaugh, Editor for AllFreeKnitting.com
A Knitter's Home Companion by Michelle Edwards is more than just a book about knitting. It's a book about family and what's most important in life. This snippet from the introduction sums up the experience of reading this book well:
"Knitting is not just a metaphor. Knitting is a life. And because my knitting flows into what i draw and write, what I cook, and what I read, this illustrated gathering of stories is connected to recipes, patterns, and books. Let it keep you company when you need another knitter's voice beside you."
Together, this well thought collection of patterns, recipes and stories, offers a window into Edward's life, but in many ways, it also offers a window into the human soul. Within its four sections, the reader is taken through a whirlwind of emotions. As Edwards' essays guide the reader through her life and experiences, you'll find yourself inspired to laugh, to cry, to hope and to remember all of the good times. If you've never felt driven to create, you will after reading this book. Whether you express that creative desire by knitting a gift for a close friend or by preparing a homemade meal for your family, you'll find a charming group of patterns and recipes to choose from. Among the 12 knit projects and 9 delicious recipes featured, I had trouble choosing a favorite. Every recipe and pattern is accompanied by a story. By the end of the book, you'll consider Edwards to not only be the author of one of your new favorite novels, but also a close friend.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Car Seat Blankets
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Knit Superheroes!
- Vogue Knitting Mittens & Gloves
- Step It Up Knits
- Vogue Knitting Stitchionary 5
- Cute Knits for Baby Feet
- Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups: 24 Stylish Designs for Boleros, Capes, Shrugs, Crop Tops, & More
- Knitted Flowers
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Candy Shop Textured Knit Scarf
- Pop of Color Knit Pouf
- Mindless Knit Mitten Pattern
- Easy Asymmetrical Knit Shawl
- Marly Bird Chic Sheep Yarn
- Knitted Baby Ballerina Shoes
- Wool Beanie with Faux Fur Pom Pom
- Knitted Baby Hat with Pom Poms
- Easy Peasy Hearts
- The Scarf of Many Colors
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You