Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
A Knitter's Home Companion
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Knitting at Home: 60 Classics from Ella Rae Designs
by Michelle Edwards
Photographs by Jen Gotch
Publisher: Abrams Books
Reviewed By Caitlin Kavanaugh, Editor for AllFreeKnitting.com
A Knitter's Home Companion by Michelle Edwards is more than just a book about knitting. It's a book about family and what's most important in life. This snippet from the introduction sums up the experience of reading this book well:
"Knitting is not just a metaphor. Knitting is a life. And because my knitting flows into what i draw and write, what I cook, and what I read, this illustrated gathering of stories is connected to recipes, patterns, and books. Let it keep you company when you need another knitter's voice beside you."
Together, this well thought collection of patterns, recipes and stories, offers a window into Edward's life, but in many ways, it also offers a window into the human soul. Within its four sections, the reader is taken through a whirlwind of emotions. As Edwards' essays guide the reader through her life and experiences, you'll find yourself inspired to laugh, to cry, to hope and to remember all of the good times. If you've never felt driven to create, you will after reading this book. Whether you express that creative desire by knitting a gift for a close friend or by preparing a homemade meal for your family, you'll find a charming group of patterns and recipes to choose from. Among the 12 knit projects and 9 delicious recipes featured, I had trouble choosing a favorite. Every recipe and pattern is accompanied by a story. By the end of the book, you'll consider Edwards to not only be the author of one of your new favorite novels, but also a close friend.
Read NextMore Modern Top-Down Knitting
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Car Seat Blankets
- Enter to win a copy of Knitted Wraps & Cover-Ups!
- Enter to win a copy of Loom Knit Baby Wraps!
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
- Enter to Win a Holiday Cheer Knit Ornament Kit!
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Shawls, Wraps & Ponchos
- Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 10 Free Knitted Bag Patterns for Beginners
- The Amber Cowl
- Simple Summer Top Knitting Pattern
- Iron Knit Hat
- Basic Ankle Socks
- Simple Brioche Headband
- Daydreamer Shawl
- Forest Beehive Shawlette
- Sage Knit Hat
- Eater Bunny Free Knitting
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You