Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Teach Me To Knit
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Although geared towards kids, and teens, Teach Me to Knit is a great book to have if you are a teacher, or a young person just learning how to knit. This book is very informative. It takes the reader on a journey from the very basics, how to choose yarn, make a slip knot, and how to cast on. Beautiful color photographs explain the different sizes, and types of knitting needles.The book shows examples of straight needles, circulars, and double-pointed needles. Various weights of yarn exist for different projects, and there are photos showing a comparison of different types of yarn.
Included in this book are thirteen different projects which are all beginner level. Each lesson builds upon the other. For example Lesson 1 teaches how to make a slip knot, Lesson 2 shows how to Cast On, and by Lesson 3 you learn how to do the knit stitch, and bind off. By Lesson 4 you will be purling. With these skills, you can make a scarf, washcloth, pillow, toys for dogs, and cats, coasters, mitts, and hats just to name a few projects
The colorful graphics, and photographs inside are vivid enough to keep young minds interested. When youngsters can see their finished work relatively quickly this could be the start of a life-long hobby. Adults will like this book so they can teach their children, or students how easy, relaxing, and fun, knitting can be. Get your hands on a copy of Teach Me to Knit, today!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have you ever wanted to help a loved one in need but didn't know how? Well, with this On the Wings of a Prayer Shawl, you can create… Continue reading: "On the Wings of a Prayer Shawlvideocam"
- Enter to Win a Holiday Cheer Knit Ornament Kit!
- Car Seat Blankets
- Green Gables Knits
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Enter to win The Knitter's Book of Knowledge!
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Knitting Hats & Mittens from Around the World
- Cowl Girls
- Love to Knit Socks
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Buffalo Plaid Winter Hat
- Ombre Double Brim Beanie
- Beginner Fall Shawl
- Simple Fair Isle Hat Pattern (Baby)
- How to Cable Without a Cable Needle
- Sunflower Swirls Shawl
- Diagonal Sand Stitch Pillow
- Fuzzy Earwarmers
- Cute Bow Garter Stitch Headband
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You