Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Whether you've been knitting for a few months or you're a seasoned vet, you've clearly found a hobby that you fell in love with. Do you knit just for the heck of it or do you know the history behind it? Carol J. Sulcoski has written a beautiful book, Knitting Ephemera: A Compendium of Articles, Useful and Otherwise, for the Edification and Amusement of the Handknitter. Yes, this title is a mouthful, but she brings her wealth of experience and fascination with random factoids to yarny anecdotes.
Knitting Ephemera is a fun book of trivia and facts for knitting enthusiasts alike. With hundreds of entries, this book covers everything from history, literature, folklore and pop culture about wool, sheep and fiber producers. You'll learn tricks and tips on spinning, weaving and crochet; this book will easily entertain knitters and purlers no matter what your skill level.
This 136-page book is on the smaller side, so it's perfect to travel with and read on the go. It also comes with a beautiful ribbon on the inside to bookmark your page, making it easy to continue where you left off. Did you know there are more sheep than people in Australia or that you can burn 102 calories per hour while knitting? These are the kind of fun facts you can learn in Knitting Ephemera.
I was quite entertained while turning the pages in this book. From the fun facts and history to learn about, to the funny jokes and fiber-related bumper stickers, I was constantly finding myself turning the page. If you're a history buff or love knitting then you're going to love this book.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Marly Bird Chic Sheep Yarn
- Knitted Baby Ballerina Shoes
- Wool Beanie with Faux Fur Pom Pom
- Knitted Baby Hat with Pom Poms
- Easy Peasy Hearts
- The Scarf of Many Colors
- Stripey Zebra Knit Hat
- Lazy Day Chic Knit Sweater
- Hooded Knit Adak Wrap
- 40+ Lovely Valentine's Day Knit Patterns
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You