Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
When it comes to knitting creatures – big or small, realistic or fantastic – Rebecca Danger is the designer in the know. She has been designing creatures both great and small since 2009, and her fifth book Knit Superheroes! (Martingale, 2016) has twelve terrific patterns so you can bring your own superhero to life with needles and yarn.
One of the best things about this book – other than the whimsical animals, each with their own costume – is the attention given to each hero’s back story! Whether it’s Randolph Racoon who’s super power is making chocolate bars appear, or Tiberius Tiger who's faith in his own ability to disappear is not quite backed up by fact, you'll be charmed by each super hero’s story and details.
There isn't a lot of how-to in this book – the author presumes you are a competent knitter – but there is a good amount of information on how to customize each pattern to your own needs. The size of the finished toy is dependent on what weight yarn and size needle you use, so you can use up stash with impunity – yardage is listed for each color used for each toy so you can tell right away if you'll have enough to complete the project. You can also use Danger’s tips to customize your knitting experience, whether you prefer knitting in the round with the Magic Loop Method or prefer to go old school with DPNs; like picking up stitches or knitting parts; or tend to knit tightly or loosely. This book has all the tips you need so you end up with the toy of your dreams, without making yourself crazy getting there!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Car Seat Blankets
Enter to win a copy of Animal Lovies!
Timeless Christening Sets
200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
Entrelac: The Essential Guide to Interlace Knitting
New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
The Perfect Finish
Spa & Bath Sets to Knit
Lovely Knitted Lace
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Garter Stitch Diaper Cover
- Basic Knit Hand Warmer
- Alnaar Harnish - Leelee Knits Knitting and Crochet
- Bumble Bee Hat Knitting Pattern
- Breezy Knit Market Bag
- Open Rib Knit Scarf
- Pink Marshmallow Cable Knit Hat
- Slouchy Knit Hat and Scarf
- Teal Ocean Cable Mittens
- Blyss Hat
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You