Best of the West STITCHES Show: 7 Knit Tops, Free Shawl Patterns and More, Vol. 3
Big Book of Loom Knit Cowls
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Having a strong sense of fashion can really take you places in this world. Now I'm not talking about being a runway model, but you can certainly be the envy of all your friends. I've been a strong believer that no matter what season it is, a knit cowl can go with just about every outfit. Lucky for me, as well as knitters alike, the Big Book of Loom Knit Cowls is the perfect resource to turn to.
Within this 64-page book you'll find stylish looks for every mood. Whether you're outfit is classy, romantic, fun, or sporty, there is a knit cowl waiting for you. Author of the book, Kathy Norris, has come up with 24 beautiful designs that are perfect for beginners to intermediate knitters. There is a variety of looms used for each of the patterns in the book, as well as variety of yarn, so you can pick and choose how you want to work up your cowl.
Once you finish glancing through the book you won't know where to begin; you'll want to make them all! Designs include argyle, broken cables, ruffles, mobius, filligree, houndstooth, chevron, twisted ribs and so much more. Of course there are general instructions in the book. What Leisure Arts book wouldn't provide that? You'll see figures on how to chain cast on, how to change colors, how to work short rows, how to wrap the peg, how to do multiple decreases, and how to bind off as well as weaving seams at the end of rows. The figures are perfectly pictured with a loom, so you can easily follow along.
Kathy Norris began her knitting journey using the traditional knitting needles, but found out later on that as a designer, you have to find new ways to work with the geometry of knitting. Because of this, she learned all about loom knitting and has since then created a variety of beautiful patterns. If you're ready to try something new, or simply need some new accessories for your wardrobe then check out the Big Book of Loom Knit Cowls; you won't be disappointed.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 200 Fair Isle Motifs: A Knitter's Directory
- Knit Stitch Guide
- Enter to win a copy of Knit Superheroes!
- Loom Knitting With the All-n-One Loom
- More Modern Top-Down Knitting
- Essentially Feminine Knits: 25 Must-Have Chic Designs
- Win a copy of "Fun and Fantastical Slippers to Knit!"
- Loom Knitting Pattern Book
- Car Seat Blankets
- Chunky Knits: 31 Projects for You & Your Home Knit with Bulky Yarn
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Rhapsody Lace Cardigan
- Polka Dot Stocking
- Serendipity Tweed Yarn
- Yaseen's Scarf
- Knitter's Pride SmartStix Holiday Gift Set
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Rainbow Ruffle Cowl
- Nordic-Inspired Knit Sweater
- Lovely Lattices Infinity Scarf
- Strawberry Seed Baby Sweater
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You