We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Growing up in Germany I learned how to knit in school. I remember I was not always keen on knitting and rather spent my time drawing or reading. But once I entered high school (German “Gymnasium”), I not only got back into knitting, but also learned from a good friend of mine how to design my own knitted sweaters and sewn pants.
I knitted on and off and got back into it more seriously in 2007. To me knitting is not just about the finished project, but also about the "how" of getting there. Knitting has many health benefits: It is known to lower your blood pressure, boost the immune system and prevent memory loss. When knitting a specifically easy project I let my mind wander and relax from the day’s pressures.
Then, of course once the piece is finished there is all the added joy from having accomplished something so beautiful and the joy easily multiplies when it is a gift for a friend or charity.
I am not saying that I am immune to the occasional frustration a specifically complicated piece may give, but I often compare knitting to life. To get something beautiful you have to invest your time and effort; your knitting project becomes your best friend and sometimes you have to go back and start things over if a mistake was made (or embrace it), but you always forge on to get to your aspiration. I am not talking about casual friendship which is like taking clothing from a rack in a store and can be just as easily dismissed, but about friendship which needs to be nourished to be lifelong and needs your attention and gives you the greatest joy.
Having said that, it is important to work through difficulties, and I want to assure you that I keep my pattern designs simple for the beginning knitter.
Projects on AllFreeKnitting:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Brown Sheep Stratosphere Yarn
- Mojave Desert Knit Tote Pattern
- Andromeda Cowl Neck Sweater Pattern
- Cabled Mustard Knit Cardigan Pattern
- Vivian Knit Cowl
- Ella Baby Cardigan Pattern
- Chevron Knitted Cardigan Pattern
- Shaded Steps Sweater Pattern
- Hortense Maskens
- Easter Loop Yarn Wreath
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You