Bergere de France
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Bergère de France puts over sixty-five years of yarn know-how at your service. Created by Robert Petit in 1946, the company is still family owned and is now run by his son, Jean-Louis and grandson Geoffroy.
For over half a century, Bergère de France has developed a perfect balance of time-honoured tradition and the latest technical innovations. Based in Bar-le-Duc, in the heart of the Lorraine region, it is the last industrial woollen mill in France to produce hand-knitting yarns. Covering an area of 14 acres and employing around 400 people, it is one of the largest and most advanced mills of its kind in Europe.
Keeping all the production under one roof allows us to ensure the best quality by controlling the whole process from research and development to the finished product. The five main areas that we cover are marketing and product development, catalogue assembly and dispatch, sales and administration, order preparation and dispatch, and of course the production of our yarn and clothing ranges.
Over the years, our range has also widened to include many different products to cater for our creative customers: patterns for crochet and knitting; needles and other knitting accessories; embroidery and cross-stitch supplies and more.
From the very beginning, selling by mail order has been at the very heart of the company, ensuring a strong direct link with our customers.
Since 1971 our products are also available in a network of shops (LYS), first across France and now worldwide. In December 2000, we launched the very first version of our website. In early 2012, we launched the first English language version of the site. Here you can order our products, and have them delivered straight from us to you, wherever you are in the world.
Bergère de France has been established in Canada since 1976, trading as Club Direct Laine from our offices in Boucherville, Quebec. In 2005, Club Direct Laine officially rejoined the Bergère de France brand and continues to supply our customers, both online and in stores in Canada and in the USA.
eBooks on AllFreeKnitting:
Projects on AllFreeKnitting:
- Grendaline Faux Fur Snood
- Knit Hat and Booties Set
- Fireside Knit Maxi Snood
- Eggnog Knit Scarf Pattern
- Ruby Red Fair Isle Hat
- Great Green Scarf
- Quick and Easy Fashion Scarf
- Parisian Chic Rolled Hat
- Knit Muk Luks Slippers
- Men's Knit Pom Hat
- Fabulously Fluffy Snood
Products Reviewed on AllFreeKnitting:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Capucine Baby Cardigan
- Sunny Colors Poncho
- Brown Sheep Stratosphere Yarn
- Mojave Desert Knit Tote Pattern
- Andromeda Cowl Neck Sweater Pattern
- Cabled Mustard Knit Cardigan Pattern
- Vivian Knit Cowl
- Ella Baby Cardigan Pattern
- Chevron Knitted Cardigan Pattern
- Shaded Steps Sweater Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You