Garter Stitch Swatch
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"The Garter Stitch is the first stitch pattern most people learn; this is because when worked in rows it’s simply the knit stitch over and over again. Oftentimes a knitter’s first creation is a garter stitch scarf or washcloth. When worked in the round every other round is made with purl stitches. Many knit stitch patterns in the Stitchopedia include a pattern for a sampler swatch that can be used in various was, including seaming them together to make a sampler blanket. I’ve made my swatches with Kraemer Perfection DK and US 6, 4.0 mm needles so they come out to 5.5″ square. However, you can use whatever yarn you want. Here is the pattern for the swatch for this stitch pattern."
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You