Japanese Garter Stitch Haramaki
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"The older one gets, the easier one feels chilly - not only at the feet, but also around the "middle section“. The solution to this is a garment that is called Haramaki (腹巻, literally "belly wrap" or "bellyband") in Japanese. This one is not only a tube, but a piece of clothing that can be wrapped and adjusted around belly and hips with a strap on either side. The piece is knitted all in garter stitch and therefore quite easy to knit. It is suitable for beginners as well."
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- How Many Stitches to Cast On for an Infinity Scarf
- Carrot Cake Beanie
- All Fingers And Thumbs
- Easter Bunny Potholder
- Easter Bunny
- Bernat Super Value Yarn
- Simple Braids Hat
- Quick Round Scrubby
- Kenai Skyline Shawl
- Tiny Topaz Premature Baby Cardigan
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You