Big Cables Throw
Knitting a blanket that is comfy, warm and beautiful is easy with this big cables throw pattern. This easy knit blanket made with circular knitting needles and jumbo weight yarn is perfect for cuddling up next to the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate during the colder months. The cables make the blanket look so cozy and, even though this is a quick project, as if you spent many months putting it together. This would be a great idea if you are looking for homemade holiday gifts. Your friends and family will be so thankful to you on cold winter nights.
Knitting Needle Size19 or 15 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(7) Jumbo
Gauge1 stitches, 2 rows, 3 inches. stockinette stitch
- RED HEART® Grande™: 15 balls 288 Apricot
- Susan Bates® Circular Knitting Needle: 15mm [US 19], 36" (90 cm) or longer
- Cable needle, yarn needle
40" x 50" (102 x 127 cm)
[ ]=work directions in brackets the number of times specified;
*=repeat whatever follows the * as indicated.
7 sts=4" (10 cm); 8 rows=4" (10 cm) in cable pattern
2/2 LC (2 over 2 Left Cross) = Slip next 2 sts to cable needle and hold in front, k2, then k2 from cable needle
1. Circular needle is used to accommodate width of fabric. Work back and forth on circular needle as if working with straight needles.
2. Cable pattern can be worked from written instructions or by following chart. Read right side rows of chart from right to left, and wrong side rows from left to right.
Cast on 69 sts.
Work in Garter st (knit every row) for 6 rows.
Set-Up Row (wrong side): *P5, [k1, p1] 4 times; repeat from * to last 4 sts, p4.
Row 1 (right side): *K4, [p1, k1] 4 times, p1; repeat from * to last 4 sts, k4.
Row 2: *P5, [k1, p1] 4 times; repeat from * to last 4 sts, p4.
Row 3 (cable row): *2/2 LC, [p1, k1] 4 times, p1; repeat from * to last 4 sts, 2/2 LC.
Row 4: Repeat Row 2.
Rows 5–8: Repeat Rows 1 and 2 twice.
Row 9 (cable row): Repeat Row 3.
Repeat Rows 4–9 until piece measures about 46" (117 cm) from beginning; end with a Row 9 (cable row).
Next Row: Repeat Row 2.
Next Row: Repeat Row 1.
Work in Garter st for 5 rows.
Weave in ends.
Read NextGet Fresh Throw