The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
Easy One Cake Shawl
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Hi knitters! When I design a new piece, I love to go all out and try my hand at every possibility no matter the difficulty, I feel like the harder I challenge myself, the more amusing and satisfying the results are. I'll spare you the details of my numerus trials and errors and only present you with the final polished piece. For this shawl, I chose to knit it using Caron's Big Cake, which I've bought recently. I aimed for it to look both complex and tricky, yet very easy to do. The tricky part of this pattern is actually very easy; you will need to knit both the beginning and the end of the skein/cake at the same time. This does not mean that you use both ends together, but alternately. To put it simply, you start the row with one end of the skein and you keep going until you reach the middle of the row. The center stitch is knitted using the yarn of both ends of the skein, then you complete the rest of the row by switching to the other end. As you keep on knitting, you will see the colors of the yarn switch up and meet in at the center in different arrangements. This means that depending on the cake you have, each time you knit this shawl you will get your own unique version."
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
"Madison is one of our most popular free shawl knitting patterns by the designer Anni Howard and knitted in the the lovely peacock… Continue reading: "Madison Free Shawl Knitting Pattern"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 7 Super Bulky Yarn Sweater Patterns: 18 Month Old
- Peek-a-Boo Knit Baby Hoodie
- Fairy Tale Baby Cardigan
- Honey Chocolate Cowl
- Senna Summer Sweater Knitting Pattern
- 56 Baby Girl Knitting Patterns
- What Does the Fox Say? 14 Free Fox Patterns to Knit
- Rhombus Weave Hat
- 10 Free Knitting Patterns for Dogs
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You