This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
The New Katie Knit Scarf
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"This scarf was made to mimic a scarf a friend, Katie, gave me. I used two different yarns, Loops & Threads Madrid and Patons Classic Wool Roving. The color is changed every two rows to give it the striped effect. I used size 11 needles, and the scarf is knit flat and then seamed. The stitch is just Fisherman's rib, but the special part comes from the color changes in the yarn. Look for single ply yarns, one solid, and one variegated with long, gradual color changes. The finished scarf is about 14"x66."
Knitting Needle Size11 or 8 mm
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
- Loops & Threads Madrid
- Patons Classic Wool Roving
Read NextSpring Zigzag Scarf
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This knit slipper pattern is so cozy and colorful. Using bright rainbow yarn, this free knitting pattern will teach you how to knit… Continue reading: "Rainbow Striped Knit Slipper Pattern"
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You