This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Ray of Sunshine Knitting Pattern
"Last year I designed a giant rainbow pattern, as a big thank you to all the key workers during the pandemic. I wanted to knit my rainbow a friend, and now more than ever, we need some sunshine. Here's my knitted ray of sunshine. I recommend using a chunky yarn, but you can use different weights of yarn to make a bigger or smaller sunshine. A full list of recommended materials are in the pattern. I displayed mine in my window, but you could also use it as a cushion. "
Knitting Needle Size11 or 8 mm
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
- Yarn - recommended yarns listed in pattern
- US 10 (6mm) knitting needles, or the recommended size of needles for the yarn that you're using
- 2x 30mm black toy eyes and washers
- Some black yarn that's chunkier than the main colour. You'll use it to embroider the smile and eyelashes.
- 150g of toy stuffing
- Darning needle for sewing up
- Stitch markers - you will need two stitch markers or a small amount of scrap yarn to mark the stitches.
Read NextBluebells Dishcloth