Sports Fan Hat
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Use your favorite sports fan's favorite team's colors for this classic, cozy hat. Pattern includes info for avoiding jogs in your stripes and for making a slouchier version, if you prefer."
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm, 8 or 5 mm, 9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge17 stitches, 22 rows, 4 inches. stockinette
- Two 50g balls Dale Hegre Aran weight 100% wool yarn for the background. Sample = 2 balls of Off-white #0017.
- One 50g ball Dale Hegre for each different colored stripe (optional.) Sample = 1 ball Red #4018, 1 ball Norwegian blue #5744.
Looser knitters: US #7 / 4.5mm for ribbing and US #8 / 5.0mm for main portion.
Tighter knitters: US #8 / 5.0mm for ribbing and US #9 / 5.5mm for main portion.
You can use a set of double-pointed needles, one long (32 or longer) circular needle with the magic loop technique, or two circular needles whichever method you prefer. Use whatever size needles you need to obtain gauge.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This Black Lace Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern is such a unique knitted fingerless gloves pattern. The black color is muted and… Continue reading: "Black Lace Fingerless Gloves Knitting Pattern"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Roositud Knitting 101
- We Are Knitters Classic Knit Sweater Kit
- How to knit Twisted Moss Stitch
- Fall Houses Lace Shawl
- Scandinavian Infinity Scarf
- Hooded Vest Pattern for Women
- Ribbed Shawlette
- Riona's Diamonds
- Easy Knit Pumpkin
- Large Pumpkin Knitting Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You