- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Sandy Winter Cable Hat
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
"This is an easy knit hat pattern that can be done in just one evening. It will also be published with a matching scarf or snood. The hat is easy to adjust for any size by decreasing number of stitches or size of needles. I hope you will enjoy it."
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(5) Bulky/Chunky (12-15 stitches for 4 inches)
Gauge0 stitches, 0 rows, 0 inches.
- 5 Double Pointed Knitting Needles number 6 US (7-8). You can use a circular needles as well
- Alpacana Lanoso 35% wool, 40% acrylic, 25% alpaca. Sandy color: 100 grams -130 m. Total 1.3 skeins
Don't forget the matching Sandy Winter Cable Cowl!
Plus, find the best knit hat patterns for those cold and blustery days by checking out our collection of 56 Knit Hat Patterns for the Winter.
Read NextFlat Knit Swirl Hat
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 14, 2017
I love the cable textures of this hat pattern, although Im not crazy about the faux fur pompom, would probably just do a regular yarn one. The hat looks like it would be not too hard to make. Although the bright yellow is eye-catching, I'm sure it would look lovely in whatever solid color yarn you used.
Nov 18, 2016
I am loving the texture of this hat. And I'm loving the yellow!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy No Sew Sweater
If you hate free knitting patterns for sweaters that feature tons of seaming and sewing, this is a great pattern to add to your… Continue reading: "Easy No Sew Sweater"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Coastline Headband
- Round Dickey Pattern
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You