This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Quirky Rainbow Hat
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"This is a fun, colorful hat to knit up some of that scrap yarn that's been storing up! All you need are enough scraps for a hat, circular needles in a size suited to your yarn, a measuring tape, and a tapestry needle to weave in ends. My mom (my biggest fan, of course) says I have a tendency to make her appreciate things that wouldn't normally appeal to her aesthetic preferences. This hat was one of those things, with all its disjointed stripes and mismatched colors. It's not for everyone, but I have my quirks! What about you? This is a tutorial with general instructions for making a hat like the one pictured.
This hat is meant to be made using scrap yarns. Your gauge will depend on the yarns and needle size you choose, but I have included my gauge as a guideline for the yarns and needle size I used. Instructions also include the number of stitches I cast on for my own hat. Read all the instructions through first so you are confident you have the skills to complete this project and will enjoy knitting it up! This is a very basic, quick knit that can be adapted to any size very easily. I hope it encourages you to use up some of your own scraps!"
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Scrap Yarns (enough for the size hat you'd like to make). Mine was probably about 200 yards or more.
- Circular knitting needles
- Tapestry needle
Read NextCabled Slouch Beanie
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You