Beginner Zig Zag Hat
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Just in time for Fall. You’ll love the fit and coziness of this Beginner Zig Zag Hat, and it’s fun to knit up too. For everyone who enjoys knitting with straight needles, this easy knitting pattern is for you. It’s a fun, quick knit pattern using knit and purl stitches as well as very simple shaping with the knit two together (K2tog) decrease. It’s suitable for all advanced beginner knitters and everyone who loves knitting hats. You’ll be surprised at how quickly this fun hat knits up. I wanted this hat to be warm and cozy, so I held 2 strands of yarn together, one strand from the inside of the skein and the other strand from the outside. When you knit with the 2 strands, just knit as if its one strand. If you prefer you could also use a chunky, yarn being careful to match the knitting gauge."
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- 1 skein worsted (medium) weight yarn
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- The Top 5 Knitting Blogs for Beginners
- Special Free Lacy Scarf Knit Pattern
- Quick & Super Easy Sleep Sock Pattern
- Azalea Top-Down Lace Sweater
- Diagonal Knit Square
- Simple Sage Handkerchief
- Connect the Dots
- Lacy Chevron Baby Blanket
- Seed Stitch Cable Headband
- Celestial Cuffs
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You