A Promise Knit Hat
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
This is a design for Delaware Head Huggers, an organization dedicated to the creation and collection of chemo caps. This pattern uses worsted weight yarn size 7 needles for a quick-knit hat to share with someone who needs some love. If you're feeling particularly generous, gather a bunch of different colors of yarn and knit as many as you can to donate to the cause. Not only will you be doing a good thing, but you'll get to do what you love and make a stunning hat!
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge0 stitches, 0 rows, 0 inches.
This is a smaller cap - which was what we were aiming for. If you want it to be larger, you can add some stitches, in multiples of 3 between each 27 row repeat, so if you wanted to go up a bit in size, instead of casting on 81, which is 27 x 3, you would cast on 90, which is 30 x 3 and so on. Just purl the extra stitches in all rows.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- The Top 5 Knitting Blogs for Beginners
- Special Free Lacy Scarf Knit Pattern
- Quick & Super Easy Sleep Sock Pattern
- Azalea Top-Down Lace Sweater
- Diagonal Knit Square
- Simple Sage Handkerchief
- Connect the Dots
- Lacy Chevron Baby Blanket
- Seed Stitch Cable Headband
- Celestial Cuffs
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You