Mini Knit Christmas Stockings
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"When you make little knitted things it makes people smile. They pick up the wee bit of knitting, fondle it, and say awwww. Little knit things are, in my experience, a sure hit. So let those other knitters knock themselves out making full-size stockings in all their stranded knit glory for everyone in their family (you can make me one too - they are gorgeous)! Lets make minis for Christmas. A whole bunch of them. Theyre great for tree ornaments, or dangling from the big bow on a present, or stuffed with little candies and given away just as they are. And they are lickity-split fast!"
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge0 stitches, 0 rows, 0 inches.
These are really just toe-up socks with a basic short row heel, but since no one will ever put them on a set of little feet, I cheated and went for the easiest Make One (a backwards e-loop). Also, I didnt worry over closing a gusset hole. If youve never made toe-up socks, this is a great way to learn! But maybe skip the color changes and the purled rows the first time through. It will be less fiddly that way and go nice and fast.
Read NextScarf Wrapped Wreath
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Knit Baby Cardigan
- Stars On The Beach Shawlette
- Weaved Messy Bun Hat
- Dahlia Beanie
- Mermaid Bulky Knit Beanie
- Little Lamb Lovey Pattern
- Bluecuff Knitted Slippers
- Mosaic Tiles Hat
- Cancun Top - My Version
- Christmas Santa Ear Flaps Hat Toque
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You