Knitted Scarf Patterns Volume 2: Even more of your favorite knit scarf patterns
- see all comments
"I am having trouble too. Did you get an answer?"
"I am having the same problem. Did you get an answer?"
"The notated gauge on this page is wrong, the correct gauge is stated in the pattern as 22 sts = 4' with dk yarn."
Under Your Coat Knit Scarf for Kids
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
"Such a quick, simple design. It is about to drop in temperature dramatically around here and these neatly fit under my son's winter jacket. It takes 2-4 hours to make this scarf."
Knitting Needle Size4 or 3.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge0 stitches, 0 rows, 0 inches.
Read NextOXO Scarf
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
rainfairy63 802749 3
Sep 15, 2017
50 years ago, or so, we called a smaller version of this a "Dickie". This is brilliant!
Feb 24, 2017
Such a simple design but a great idea perfect for those toddlers and little ones that pull scarfs off and get them caught. The pattern is really easy to follow and perfect for even the newest of knitters as it is knitted in two pieces and sewn together. It knits fairly quickly which means you can make lots in different colours and you could even increase the yarn weight to make a chunkier winter knit.
The Designing Peng uin
Jan 24, 2017
A wonderful pattern for the grandsons who do not want to wear those 'girly' cowls. No scarf ends to get caught on slides or swings - safety and warmth in one
Dec 23, 2015
Brilliant pattern, no scarf accidents for a child. The yarn is a dk and the needles are not a 4 but a 4mm. I see many of these in my future for the grandchildren.
Nov 24, 2015
CLEVER! You did it again! No "scarf" to get strangled with or get caught in something. GENIUS! Making these for all the grandchildren!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bunny and Bear Knit Toy
Who says you always have to knit baby booties and baby blankets for baby showers? Have a little fun with your next "expecting-mother"… Continue reading: "Bunny and Bear Knit Toy"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- Double Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Dishcloth
- Trento Fingerless Gloves
- Two Needles Classic Beret
- All Too Well Scarf Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You