Linda Dawkins from Natural Suburbia
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
I learned how to knit when I was 5 years old. My mom used to always be knitting and one day I asked her if she could show me how to knit and she did. She used to knit the most amazing treasures and was always willing to take the time to show me how to knit them too. I continued knitting through my teen years and then once I was married, I would knit for my husband Richard once in a while. When our children were born, I realised how important it was to introduce natural toys into their life. I started knitting, gnomes, farm animals and decided that I would offer these eco friendly toys to other families besides my own. That is how Mamma4earth was started, it has been an amazing journey since the very beginning, I have connected with the most wonderful people and have formed friendships across the globe. I am so inspired by animals, their grace of movement, their beauty. When I look at them and watch how they move, I see their form in stitches as a pattern in my mind, with decreases and increases becoming the shape of the animal that I am observing. When I knit and design a pattern, I like the pattern to resemble the origional animal as closely as possible in its appearance, colour and texture. Patterns just come to me, sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I have a new design on my mind that just has to be knitted. I also spin and dye yarn, I love to dye up rainbow yarns they are my favourite.
Online Shops: Mamma4earth and Pure Wool
Natural Suburbia Blog: http://www.naturalsuburbia.blogspot.com/
Ravelry Mamma4earth Group: http://www.ravelry.com/groups/mamma4earth
Mamma4earth Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/mamma4earth/48290052809
Projects on AllFreeKnitting:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Rhapsody Lace Cardigan
- Polka Dot Stocking
- Serendipity Tweed Yarn
- Yaseen's Scarf
- Knitter's Pride SmartStix Holiday Gift Set
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Rainbow Ruffle Cowl
- Nordic-Inspired Knit Sweater
- Lovely Lattices Infinity Scarf
- Strawberry Seed Baby Sweater
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You