The Best of the East Fashion Show & Marketplace Favorites: 7 Knitted Scarf Patterns, Free Knit Tops & More
Ashley Higgs from Everything Else We Do
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Ashley learned the basics of knitting at a young age from her grandmother, but like so many knitters, got stuck making squares and rectangles on and off for several years before she ventured into new shapes. After receiving beautiful handmade gifts to celebrate the births of her two children some years ago, she had a renewed sense of inspiration about knitting, and picked up her needles again with determination.
Bundling her little ones for Chicago winters provided both an excellent primer in knitwear construction, as well as a sense of calm and accomplishment often elusive in the early years of parenthood. She has not put her needles down since (literally, they are always with her!), and designs soon followed. Now residing in Northern California, her children continue to serve as equal parts inspiration and distraction for her knitwear designs, which she strives to make approachable and beginner friendly--she is passionate about helping others unlock the joys and rewards of this craft.
Projects on AllFreeKnitting:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- T-SPIN Tunisian Interchangeable Set
- Patchwork Poncho Knitting Pattern
- What Can I Knit With Cotton Yarn?
- Easy Cute Baby Cardigan
- Go Team! Scarf
- Sun Struck Vest Knitting Pattern
- Furls Whims Merino Yarn
- Slithering Scarp Scarf
- Twisted Wristers
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You