Bijou Basin Ranch
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Established in 2005, Bijou Basin Ranch is a small family owned and operated yak ranch situated on the open plains of the Colorado outback. Bijou Basin is located about 65 miles southeast of Denver, Colorado, just outside of the small town of Elbert.
Our primary goal is to produce and sell high-quality fibers and yarns made with premium yak fibers and other luxury fibers. We raise registered, full-blooded Tibetan yaks that have superior glossy coats, which are harvested annually. We also supplement the fiber we harvest from our yaks by purchasing quality yak fiber from other yak ranchers across the country and abroad.
Our yarns are spun in the USA as well as abroad, and many are hand-dyed with care by the color experts at Lorna’s Laces in Chicago, IL. Our full range of yarns and fibers are sold under the Bijou Spun label through our online store and other yarn retailers. Bijou Basin Ranch also attends many fiber festivals and other knitting-related events each year; click here to view our event calendar.
Products Reviewed on AllFreeKnitting:
Patterns on AllFreeKnitting:
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- The Top 5 Knitting Blogs for Beginners
- Special Free Lacy Scarf Knit Pattern
- Quick & Super Easy Sleep Sock Pattern
- Azalea Top-Down Lace Sweater
- Diagonal Knit Square
- Simple Sage Handkerchief
- Connect the Dots
- Lacy Chevron Baby Blanket
- Seed Stitch Cable Headband
- Celestial Cuffs
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You