My Furry Valentine
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"I loved knitting for my Golden Retriever, and made him seasonal cowls throughout the fall and winter. This design is a quick knit cowl that is perfect for Valentine's Day. I used a simple heart chart and stranded knitting to create the effect of hearts dancing around the cowl. Knit this as written for any large dog and it will fit perfectly. If you have never tried color work, this is a fun project to try out. The simple instructions as well as the chart are included in the article."
This is also the perfect size for a toddler, and a cowl will stay out of the way much better than a scarf.
Knitting Needle Size13 or 9 mm
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
- Wool Ease Thick and Quick in Cranberry
- Loops and Threads Cozy Wool in Barley
- 13US circular knitting needle on a 16" cable
- Tapestry needle
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You