This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Sewing Seeds Cardigan
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"Sewing the Seeds is a stockinette, drop shoulder cardigan with seed stitch details down the sides, shoulder and sleeves. The combination creates a simple but elegant garment that is perfect for those chilly fall days! The gentle V-neck of the front collar frames the body in the best way giving this cardigan a more streamlined look. This effect makes it suitable to wear with both casual and dressier outfits. The pattern comes with directions for sizes S - 4XL, which accommodates bust sizes 26 - 59 with 10” - 13” of positive ease. This gives you a wide range of options when choosing the perfect size for you. You can size up and get an oversized cardigan that is just that much cozier, or you can choose to size down and make a lovely form fitting cardigan that goes great with slimmer outfits. You can also easily make the cardigan longer by adding rows. I chose to make the small with about 8” of positive ease. I wanted oversized, but not too much. However, some of my testers decided to go SUPER oversized with 14”-16” and they look AWESOME."
Knitting Needle Size9 or 5.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Read NextGranddaughter Cozy Knit Sweater
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You