Blanket Cardigan Knitting Pattern
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"When I made this blanket cardigan a year ago- I didn’t write down the pattern, but it was easy enough to memorize. I ended up loving these enough that I knitted 3 of them for myself in different colors! This is actually my first cardigan knitting pattern, and while it looks like something you’d buy at Lulu Lemon, or Anthropologie, it’s so much more rewarding that it’s a handmade piece! I made one in light blue and camel brown, one in yellow and white, and one in lavender and red (I’m a lover of strange color combinations). I sourced my yummy variegated yarns to hold together with plain white yarn for this one, so that the design would be toned down a bit. This blanket cardigan knitting pattern uses a worsted weight yarn, and a fingering weight yarn held together to create a marled effect. Marled yarns held together is one of my favorite looks, and I think I’m going to be doing a lot more of them!"
Knitting Needle Size13 or 9 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Us size 13 knitting needles
- Worsted weight yarn
- Fingering weight yarn
- Yarn needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You