The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"You're going to love this super unique knit shrug! My pattern is easy to follow, and you'll wind up with a cross between a cropped cardigan and a traditional triangular shawl. If you're anything like me, you love the look and warmth of a shawl, but hate that you have to hold it in place all night. With my Swallow Shrug knit shawl pattern, you'll end up with something that looks like a bolero in the front and a shawl in the back. This beginner-level shrug will be your go-to layer for cool summer evenings or thrown on top of your favorite dress. /PATTERN DETAILS • Comfortable shoulder cover-up • Adjustable size • Easy knitting pattern • Simple construction • Techniques used / Special stitches: Right-leaning simple decrease (k2tog) and left-leaning simple decrease (ssk) • Illustrated step-by-step photos /MATERIALS • 6 mm / US 10 knitting needles. • Worsted weight wool yarn (100g): 5 skeins • Tapestry needle to weave in the ends • 4 stitch markers"
Knitting Needle Size10 or 6 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
We know what you're thinking: how could such an easy knit scarf pattern look so elegant? That's because with simplicity, you get to… Continue reading: "Charismatic Knit Scarf Pattern"
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You