The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
Stepping Stones Shawl
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"This is the Stepping Stones Shawl. It is a gorgeous lace shawl that transitions from one lace to another seamlessly. The flowing design is like stepping stones through a river. It is made by starting at different colors alternating 2 different cakes of the same colorway of variegated yarn every 2 rows. This is what causes the fun two colored striping effect. The shawl is purposefully large for a cozy oversized feeling, which is perfect for snuggling into when it’s cool outside. But, you can adapt the size to your liking by either adding or subtracting repeats of the lace patterns. "
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You