This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
- see all comments
"I am having trouble too. Did you get an answer?"
"I am having the same problem. Did you get an answer?"
"The notated gauge on this page is wrong, the correct gauge is stated in the pattern as 22 sts = 4' with dk yarn."
Afterglow Shawl By Lesley Anne Robinson
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
"This pattern uses only brioche increases to shape the shawl, and it's been built in brain breaks with no increases at all. The name of this pattern was inspired by the beautiful colors and speckles in the yarn itself, hand-dyed by Natasha of Artemis Yarns. Sometimes all you need is a light, subtle-speckled yarn paired with a deeply imbued solid to create the perfect brioche combination. This asymmetrical triangle shawl is knit from side to side, starting at the very small cast-on point, and ending with the largest bind-off edge."
Knitting Needle Size3 or 3.25 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
1420 yds (1299 m) fingering/sock weight
Main Color 1 (MC1): 400 yds (366 m)
Contrast Color 1 (CC1): 380 yds (347 m)
Main Color 2 (MC2): 320 yds (293 m)
Contrast Color 2 (CC2): 320 yds (293 m)
- 40″ (101.5 cm) US 3 (3.25 mm) circular needle
- Tapestry needle
- Row counter
Read NextPrimavera Wrap
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Bunny and Bear Knit Toy
Who says you always have to knit baby booties and baby blankets for baby showers? Have a little fun with your next "expecting-mother"… Continue reading: "Bunny and Bear Knit Toy"
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- Double Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Dishcloth
- Trento Fingerless Gloves
- Two Needles Classic Beret
- All Too Well Scarf Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You