This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
The Best of the Midwest Stitches Fashion Show: 7 New Inspiring Free Shawl Patterns, Knit Tops & More
Afterglow Shawl By Lesley Anne Robinson
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"This pattern uses only brioche increases to shape the shawl, and it's been built in brain breaks with no increases at all. The name of this pattern was inspired by the beautiful colors and speckles in the yarn itself, hand-dyed by Natasha of Artemis Yarns. Sometimes all you need is a light, subtle-speckled yarn paired with a deeply imbued solid to create the perfect brioche combination. This asymmetrical triangle shawl is knit from side to side, starting at the very small cast-on point, and ending with the largest bind-off edge."
Knitting Needle Size3 or 3.25 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
1420 yds (1299 m) fingering/sock weight
Main Color 1 (MC1): 400 yds (366 m)
Contrast Color 1 (CC1): 380 yds (347 m)
Main Color 2 (MC2): 320 yds (293 m)
Contrast Color 2 (CC2): 320 yds (293 m)
- 40″ (101.5 cm) US 3 (3.25 mm) circular needle
- Tapestry needle
- Row counter
Read NextLace Stole Knitting Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Knit Baby Cardigan
- Stars On The Beach Shawlette
- Weaved Messy Bun Hat
- Dahlia Beanie
- Mermaid Bulky Knit Beanie
- Little Lamb Lovey Pattern
- Bluecuff Knitted Slippers
- Mosaic Tiles Hat
- Cancun Top - My Version
- Christmas Santa Ear Flaps Hat Toque
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You