- see all comments
"I am having trouble too. Did you get an answer?"
"I am having the same problem. Did you get an answer?"
"The notated gauge on this page is wrong, the correct gauge is stated in the pattern as 22 sts = 4' with dk yarn."
Pop of Color Knit Pouf
Brighten up any living space with this knit home decor pattern!
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
When it comes to adding a splash of color to your favorite sitting area, you might as well go all out and make this Pop of Color Knit Pouf! The knit home decor pattern uses super bulky yarn to create a beautiful pouf that is the perfect size for resting your feet or balancing a tray filled with snacks and beverages. This trendy knit item would be the perfect gift for anyone moving away from home for the first time! The finished pouf is also easy to move, so you can quickly change the look of any room in your home with minimal effort.
Knitting Needle Size17 or 12.75 mm, Circular Knitting Needles, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Gauge8 sts = 4" [10 cm]; 15 rows = 4" [10 cm] in Garter stitch. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Finished SizePouf measures 14" [36 cm] tall x 64" [163 cm] circumference
- RED HEART® Evermore™: 5 balls 9937 Deep Water
- Susan Bates® Circular Knitting Needle: 12mm [US 17], 29" [73 cm] long
- Susan Bates® Double Pointed Needles: One set 12mm [US 17]
- King comforter
- Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
If you're looking for more knit gift ideas, then this free eBook is just what you need! Discover even more great knitting patterns when you take a look at A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas eBook
Body of pouf is worked back and forth in rows lengthwise and seamed to form a short, squat cylinder. Top and bottom are worked in the round by picking up sts along the top and bottom edges of cylinder, decreasing to center.
This project is most easily worked with 2 pairs of circular needles or switching to a set of double pointed needles as sts decrease but can be worked with one pair using magic loop method.
Cast on 28 sts.
Row 1 (Right Side): Working back and forth in rows, knit.
Repeat Row 1 until piece measures 60" [152 cm] from beginning.
Bind off, leaving a long tail.
Using tail, sew bind-off and cast-on edges together to form a cylinder.
Turn right side out.
With right side facing and circular needle, pick up and knit 60 sts around one long edge of Body. Join to work in rounds. Place marker for beginning of round.
Round 1: Knit.
Round 2: [K3, k2tog] 12 times – 48 sts.
Round 3: Knit.
Round 4: [K2, k2tog] 12 times – 36 sts.
Round 5: Knit.
Round 6: Purl.
Round 7: Knit.
Round 8: [K1, k2tog] 12 times – 24 sts.
Round 9: Knit.
Round 10: [K2tog] 12 times – 12 sts.
Cut yarn, leaving a long tail. Thread tail through remaining sts and pull to close. Secure end.
Fold comforter into thirds and roll up like a sleeping bag. Fit comforter in Body and Bottom pieces tightly, stretching Body sides slightly.
Click here for a larger version of the photo below.
With comforter inserted in place, work Top as for Bottom.
Weave in ends.
- knit 2 sts together
- [ ]
- work directions in brackets the number of times specified
Does your favorite living space look a little drab? All you need is yarn and knitting needles to give it a fresh and new look! Discover even more great knitting patterns for the home when you take a look at our collection of 17 Easy Knitting Patterns for Every Personality
Where will you use your knit pouf?
Let us know in the comments below!
Read NextEasy Knitting Sweet Somethings
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Sep 20, 2018
What a cute accent piece! It's a great use for an old comforter, too. I could see making this for a den or a basement rec room, or a kid's room. Really creative.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Bunny and Bear Knit Toy
Who says you always have to knit baby booties and baby blankets for baby showers? Have a little fun with your next "expecting-mother"… Continue reading: "Bunny and Bear Knit Toy"
- Easy Knitting Sweet Somethings
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- One Piece Knitted Dishcloth And Coasters – Free Knitting Pattern For Beginners
- Cables & Lace Dishcloth
- Charming Rustic Cushion Cover
- How to Knit Scrubbies
- Garter Stitch Plant Cozy Knitting Pattern
- Red Sock Monkey Stripe Hot Water Bottle Cover Sweater
- Adorable Easy Knitted Butterflies
- Quick Round Scrubby
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Spider Fingerless Gloves
- Waffle Stitch Kitchen Towel
- Free Knitting Pattern - Minimalist Round Toe Slippers
- Vertical Stripe Toque, Touque, Or Beanie Hat
- Turban Hat For Beginners
- Double Moss Stitch Dishcloth
- Easy Dishcloth
- Trento Fingerless Gloves
- Two Needles Classic Beret
- All Too Well Scarf Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You