We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
" This very simple headband uses just 35m or 15g yarn. I had some King Cole Bamboo Cotton (DK) in ‘Lawn’, which was left over from another project, so that’s what I grabbed! The perfect small project to get used to German Short Rows – (GSR) and if you’re finding it tricky, just take a peak at my ‘Alnwick Shawl’ tutorial on YouTube and see how simple GSR really is. There’s plenty of stretch built-in so it’s a universal teen to adult fit and should take you about an hour. "
Knitting Needle Size6 or 4 mm, 7 or 4.5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(3) Light/DK (21-24 stitches to 4 inches)
- Circular needles 4mm and 4.5mm
- Tapestry needle for weaving in the ends.
- About 35 metres of DK weight yarn
Using 4.5mm needles cast on 68 sts using a long-tail cast on.
Join to form a round and switch to 4mm needles – place a marker to mark the beginning of the round. K1, P1 rib for 8 rounds
1. K1, P1, K16 pm K3 turn (in the following short rows, slip the markers as you reach them.
2. GSR P5 turn
3. GSR K8 turn (in this and subsequent RS short rows, Knit the DS as you reach it)
4. GSR P11 turn (in this and subsequent WS short rows, Purl the DS as you reach it)
5. GSR k14 turn
6. GSR P17 turn
7. GSR k20 turn
8. GSR P23 turn
9. GSR k26 turn
10. GSR P29 turn
11. GSR k32 turn
12. GSR P33 K1 P1 turn
Great! You’re halfway through the shaping.
1. GSR K2 pm K30 turn
2. GSR P2 pm P27 rm turn
3. GSR K2 pm K24 rm turn
4. GSR P2 pm P21 rm turn
5. GSR K2 pm K18 rm turn
6. GSR P2 pm P15 rm turn
7. GSR K2 pm K12 rm turn
8. GSR P2 pm P9 rm turn
9. GSR K2 pm K6 rm turn
10. GSR P2 pm P3 rm turn
11. GSR K17 P1 K1 P1 DON’T TURN
Shaping now complete – you’re on the home stretch... already!
Continue to work in the round now, knitting all DS as you reach them.
Work 8 rounds of K1, P1 rib and cast off loosely.
Now just weave in your ends and you’re done!
- German Short Row - slip the next stitch purlwise onto the right hand needle and at the same time, pull the working yarn to the back of your work (away from you) - this forms a DS
- Double Stitch - a single slipped stitch with two 'legs'
- Place marker
- Slip marker to right hand needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
This Orange Cabled Knit Mittens Pattern is vibrant and full of style. With a bold, chunky cable knitting pattern, these knitted… Continue reading: "Orange Cabled Knit Mittens Pattern"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Luxurious Faux Fur Cowl
- How To Knit Adult Slippers
- Fireplace Shawl In Garter Stitch
- Noodle Scarf
- Vine Beanie Hat
- Best Beginners Knit Sweater
- Corner To Corner Herringbone Knit Blanket
- Baby Boss Vest
- Clothespin Snowman Ornament
- Scrap Yarn Knit Face Mask Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You