New Favorites from Lion Brand: 15 Free Knitting Patterns for Scarves, Afghans and More
- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Cabin Comforts Knit Blanket
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
You don't need to be a master knitter to knit a blanket that's cozy and beautiful. The Cabin Comforts Knit Blanket is a simple pattern made entirely in garter stitch. The color striping isn't uniform, which helps give it some visual appeal, but the neutral colors used keep it serene and versatile. The best part about hand knit blankets like this one is how quickly they work up. With super bulky yarn and size 11 needles, this blanket works up as quick as a wink.
Knitting Needle Size11 or 8 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Gauge7 sts and 16 rows = 4" [10 cm] in garter stitch.
Finished SizeApprox 52" x 60" [132 x 152.5 cm].
- Bernat® Blanket™ (10.5 oz/300 g; 220 yds/201 m) yarn: Main Color (MC) - Pale Grey (10046) - 3 balls or 515 yds/471 m
- Bernat® Blanket™ (10.5 oz/300 g; 220 yds/201 m) yarn: Contrast A - Dark Grey (10044) - 1 ball or 187 yds/171 m
- Bernat® Blanket™ (5.3 oz/150 g; 108 yds/98 m): Contrast B - Vintage White (00006) - 1 ball or 85 yds/77 m
- Size U.S. 11 (8 mm) circular knitting needle 36" [90 cm] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
With MC: 40 rows.
With A: 26 rows.
With MC: 16 rows.
With B: 26 rows.
With MC: 16 rows.
With A: 26 rows.
With MC: 90 rows.
These 240 rows form Stripe Pattern (pat).
With MC, cast on 91 stitches (sts).
Do not join.
Working back and forth across needle in rows, proceed as follows:
Knit in rows (garter st), noting 1st row is wrong side (WS), until 240 rows of Stripe Pat have been completed.
- Wrong Side
Read NextCuddly Quick Knit Throw Blanket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Aug 07, 2018
This is a wonderful pattern for a beginner. It's great practice for the garter stitch - perfect for when you just can't bear to knit another scarf!
Apr 06, 2018
I tend to avoid patterns with only one stitch unless they're small and quick because I get bored so easily, but this is so casually elegant that I have to try it. And I beg to differ, but one CAN have too many blankets! I will give this one away - or maybe one of the other ones and keep this one.
Jan 23, 2018
I love how simple but elegant this blanket is. These colors would work perfectly in my living room
bcswicegood48 0750 469
Jun 06, 2017
I have several balls of yarn in a DK weight. What would I need to do to make this with the DK weight yarn?
Jun 07, 2017
Hi bcswicegood48 0750 469, the pattern calls for super bulky yarn, so you'd need to use 3 to 4 strands of DK weight yarn to get the same thickness. You can then multiply the balls of yarn called for in the pattern by 3 or 4 to see how many balls of DK yarn you'd need. For a blanket like this, it's a lot.
May 26, 2017
I love how simply beautiful this afghan is. Definitely adding this to my list.
Apr 30, 2017
You can't get any simpler than this blanket. It is a good way to use up yarn as well. You can never have too many blankets and although this is simple it looks very elegant. The size of the needles should make it a quick knit. Thank you for the pattern.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy No Sew Sweater
If you hate free knitting patterns for sweaters that feature tons of seaming and sewing, this is a great pattern to add to your… Continue reading: "Easy No Sew Sweater"
- Cuddly Quick Knit Throw Blanket
- Patchwork Chunky Knit Blanket Pattern
- Wandering Free Blanket Knitting Pattern
- 13 Knitted Blankets and Throws
- Chunky Arm Knit Ribbed Blanket
- Optic Blanket
- Country Cottage Blanket
- The Most Popular Patterns for Afghans: 16 Knit & Crochet Afghan Patterns from Lion Brand
- Wonderful Big Stitch Throw
- Pussy Foot Blanket
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Coastline Headband
- Round Dickey Pattern
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You