9 Christmas Knitting Patterns: Easy Knit Scarves for the Holidays
- see all comments
"This is the 8th or 9th dead link I've hit this morning trying to look at the patterns from one newsletter, i can only presume that the person putting the newsletter together does not have time to check and verify the links."
"New pattern, first time I've seen a picture of it on this site. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the link, when you click on it you receive an "oops" message, that the pattern is no longer available."
"Not sure why you would leave your comment on an entirely different pattern but anyway, the pattern actually specifies and gives step by step instructions on what the chain 5 is- (Bring st back to left-hand needle. K1) 5 times Chain 5 made. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K4tog. Rep from to last 2 (3-1) st(s). Chain 5. Bring st back to left-hand needle. K3 (4-2) tog. Fasten off."
Lined Knit Face Mask Pattern
This free knit face mask includes an extra layer of protection from airborne diseases.
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
Click here to view your Knitting Patterns.
With everything so unpredictable these days, it's nice to know that our knitting is always there for us. While the typical open weave of a knit face mask may not protect you from viruses, when it's lined with fabric like this Lined Knit Face Mask Pattern, it both serves as a helpful tool to keep you healthy as well as a way to keep your face warm while you're out running errands or taking the dog for a walk in the winter time. We highly recommend knitting a bunch of these (preferably in all your favorite colors!) so you always have one on-hand while you're washing the others.
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge18 sts and 32 rows = 4" [10 cm] in Seed St Pat.
Finished SizeOne size to fit Adult.
- Red Heart® Super Saver® (7 oz/198 g; 364 yds/333 m) Dusty Gray (0340) - 1 ball or 65 yds/60 m (Note: 1 ball of Red Heart® Super Saver™ will make approx 5 Masks)
- Size U.S. 7 (4.5 mm) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 11" x 12" [28 x 30.5 cm] piece of lining fabric (heavyweight quilter’s cotton, annel or high thread count bedding recommended).
- Coats & Clark Dual Duty XP® All-purpose Thread.
- Sewing needle.
- Ribbon Ties Version: 72" [1.8 m] of ¼" [6 mm] wide ribbon;
- Elastic Ear Loops Version: 12" [30.5 cm] of ¼" [6 mm] wide elastic.
Cast on 16 sts.
1st row: (RS). *K1. P1. Rep from * to end of row.
Rep last row (K1. P1) ribbing for 1" [2.5 cm], ending on a WS row.
Cont as follows:
1st row: (RS). Kfb. *K1. P1. Rep from * to last st. Kfb. 18 sts.
2nd row: *P1. K1. Rep from * to end of row.
3rd row: *K1. P1. Rep from * to end of row.
Last 2 rows form Seed St Pat.
Keeping cont of Seed St Pat, proceed as follows:
4th row: Work even in pat.
5th row: Kfb. *P1. K1. Rep from * to last st. Kfb. 20 sts.
6th to 8th rows: Work even in pat.
9th row: Kfb. *K1. P1. Rep from * to last st. Kfb. 22 sts.
10th to 16th rows: Work even in pat.
17th row: As 5th row. 24 sts.
18th to 24th rows: Work even in pat.
25th row: As 9th row. 26 sts.
26th row: Work even in pat
27th row: ssk. Pat to last 2 sts. K2tog. 24 sts.
28th to 34th rows: Work even in pat.
35th row: ssk. Pat to last 2 sts. P2tog. 22 sts.
36th to 42nd rows: Work even in pat.
43rd row: As 27th row. 20 sts.
44th to 46th rows: Work even in pat.
47th row: As 35th row. 18 sts.
48th to 50th rows: Work even in pat.
51st row: As 27th row. 16 sts.
Proceed in (P1. K1) ribbing until ribbing measures 1" [2.5 cm].
Cast off in ribbing.
Knit Ties (make 4)
Cast on 80 sts. Cast off. Sew securely to each corner on WS of Mask.
Alternate Ribbon Ties or Elastic Ear Loop Versions
Ribbon Ties: Sew 18" [45.5 cm] length of ribbon securely to each corner on WS of Mask.
Elastic Ear Loops: Sew ends of 6" [15 cm] length of elastic securely to each corner on WS of Mask.
Cut Lining Template out. Alternatively, draw onto paper using template as guide, noting each square represents 1" [2.5 cm] square.
Trace onto Lining Fabric and cut out 2 pieces.
Stack Lining pieces and turn under ¼" [6 mm] along perimeter to WS.Center WS of fabric on WS of Mask and pin into position.
With sewing needle and all-purpose thread, whipstitch fabric to Mask.
Read NextThe Blossom Headband
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
The Magentalicious Cowl is a beautiful deep color that will catch anyone's eye. The simple design is perfect for chilly autumn days… Continue reading: "Magentalicious Cowl"
- The Blossom Headband
- Super Simple Knit Slippers
- Coming Up Roses Free Knit Pattern
- Simple Knit Wrap Bracelet
- Hogwarts-Inspired Coffee Sweaters
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Garter Stitch Bow Headband
- Easy To Knit Slipper Pattern Knit Flat With Bulky Yarn On Straight Needles
- 39 Knitted Flowers Patterns
- Knit Nose Warmer
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite patterns
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your patterns
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- Grapes Sherbet Shawlette
- Ribbed Hat Pattern For Men And Women
- Watermelon Delights Shawl
- Byzantine Ribbed Stitch
- Nearly Seamless Cuffed Bootie Slippers For Adults
- Cobblestone Infinity Scarf
- Diagonal Basketweave Stitch
- Simple Snood
- Simple Garter Stitch Dishcloth
- Double Seed Stitch Dishcloth
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You