My Little Pumpkin
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"One piece pumpkin design. Knit in the round with no seams. Elegant little toy. Could be used as a pin cushion. Gauge is not important, but I would suggest worsted weight yarn or thicker, and it should be knit on smaller needles than the yarn would normally call for. (Toys are knit to a tight gauge so they are sturdier.) Will need two colors of yarn - one for body and one for stem. I used a crocheted provisional cast-on to achieve a clean look, but if a provisional cast-on intimidates you, you can cast-on normally and sew up the bottom. It's just knitting - have fun with it!"
Knitting Needle Size5 or 3.75 mm, Double-Pointed Knitting Needles (DPNs)
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Set of 4 US 5 ( 3.75 mm.) DPNs
- Worsted Weight Yarn in 2 colors, orange for body and either brown or green for your stem.
- A little fiber fill (for stuffing).
- A tapestry needle.
- You’ll also need a bit of scrap yarn to use for a provisional cast on.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- 8 Portable Knitting Projects for Travel
- Time stops at Shamli
- Women's Play Day Cardigan
- Linen-Stitch Cowl in the Round
- How to Spool Knit
- Top Knot Love
- Sunny Meadow Corner-To-Corner Baby Blanket
- Gertrude Slouchy Hat
- 24 Free Knitting Patterns for Sock Weight Yarn
- Crop Top Sweater Knitting Pattern
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You