Autumn's Trail Knitted Cowl
We are adding the pattern to your Knitting Patterns.
This pattern has been saved to My Knitting Patterns.
"This design combines my favorite plaited cable with a simple diagonal lace. The pattern is written for 2 different sizes but includes suggestions for customizing it to suit your personal preferences. The alpaca yarn creates a warm accessory without a lot of bulk. The short version uses 250 yards and the long version (shown wrapped twice around the model’s neck) uses 500 yards. This cowl can also be worn around the shoulders to ward off the chill in the air. For those of you you don’t like to purl, the long version is made with simple stockinette stitch rolled edges so no purling is required. If you don’t mind purl stitches, the short version has a moss stitch edge. Or, use your favorite edge treatment! Stitches used are k2tog, ssk, yo, c4f, and c4b. Stitch markers come in handy but are not required other than one to mark the beginning of the round. A cable needle is also optional."
Knitting Needle Size4 or 3.5 mm, Circular Knitting Needles
Yarn Weight(2) Fine (23-26 stitches to 4 inches)
Gauge24 stitches, 36 rows, 4 inches. Stockinette Stitch
- 250-500 yards Stone Bluff Farms Alpaca
- US 4 (3.5 mm) circular needles
- Tapestry needle
- Optional stitch markers
- Optional cable needle
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
If you love bold patterns and colors, then this Midas Touch Golden Cables Shawl should be right up your alley. Between the bold and… Continue reading: "Midas Touch Golden Cables Shawl"
Our Newest Patterns & Articles
- The Ice Diamond Headband
- Crochet Mouse Catnip Toy For Cats
- Rendezvous Knit Lace Shawl
- Gemma Knit Lace Cowl
- Willow Knit Lace Vest
- Gracie Knit Lace Shawl
- Sydney Easy Knit Blanket
- Barbara Easy Knit
- Scrubbi Knit Bobble Dishcloths
- Raquel Easy Knit Scarf
- 15 Free Cute Knitting Patterns for Every Season
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 9 Free Knitting Patterns Perfect for Spring
- A Knitters Gift Guide: 8 Homemade Gift Ideas
- A Yarn Hoarders Guide to Organization: Knitting Storage Solutions, Simple Knitting Patterns and More
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- How to Knit for Beginners: 9 Free Tutorials
- The Best Light & Lacy Knit Scarf Patterns: 7 Free Scarf Patterns for You