Festive Owl Dishcloth
Add a whimsical touch to your Thanksgiving table with the Festive Owl Dishcloth. This autumnally appropriate knit dishcloth pattern is perfect for displaying all your favorite Thanksgiving side dishes, entrees, and desserts. Simple charted instructions make this colorwork pattern a fun project for intermediate knitters. Add a dash of cuteness to this year's Thanksgiving table with the Festive Owl Dishcloth.
Knitting Needle Size7 or 4.5 mm
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
- Lily Sugar 'n Cream (70 g/2.5 oz;109 m/120 yds)
- Main Color (MC) Ecru (00004) 1 ball or 77 yds/70 m
- Contrast A Wine (00015) 1 ball or 29 yds/26 m
- Contrast B Country Red (01530) 1 ball or 44 yds/40 m
- Contrast C Tangerine (01699) 1 ball or 33 yds/30 m
- Size U.S. 7 (4.5 mm) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
20 sts and 26 rows = 4" [10 cm] in stocking st.
Approx 9" [23 cm] wide x 8" [20.5 cm] long.
Approx = Approximately
RS = Right side
St(s) = Stitch(es)
WS = Wrong side
Note: When working from Chart, wind small balls of the colors to be used, one for each separate area of color in the design. When changing colors, wind the 2 colors around each other where they meet, on WS, to avoid a hole.
With MC, cast on 45 sts.
Work rows 1 to 50 of Chart, reading RS rows from right to left and WS rows from left to right.
With A, cast off knitwise (WS).
Read NextThanksgiving Turkey Knit Baby Hat